Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's been almost 2 months since I updated this thing last.

I don't even really know where to start.

I guess I will say that I now live upstairs in the Community of the Vine. It's the same house I lived in during the summer I just live on the second floor with different people. I love it. It can be loud and busy but it's great. It is a challenge to live with 3 children but I embrace the challenge.

I just got a new job. I will be working at Connecticut Children's Medical Center. The pay is great and I will get HEALTH BENEFITS!!! Praise God! I was a little apprehensive about taking the job because I really enjoy my current one. It was really hard to leave the babies. I love babies. But this was an obvious answer to prayer! As much as I loved my job it was really just not a good situation...hours were not guaranteed and one of my last paychecks only 25 dollars more than my rent. I hate that money has to be an issue...but the truth is it is.

Speaking of money I am in a new bible study called Sabbath Economics. Sabbath Economics is a study through both Old and New Testament teachings dealing with money, possessions, wealth, and poverty. It is so interesting, challenging, convicting, amazing ect. I have learned a lot.

I have moved back to the church searching process. I really like the one I am at now because of the community. Everyone is great! But I am not being challenged at all really. I think I will still be connected in small ways like fellowship events and their saturday night services.

It's getting cold out. and I know cold is all opinion but I am from San Diego. Until now I didn't really  know what it was like for it to get under 50 degrees during the day. I don't really enjoy it. Gloomy weather kinda makes me feel gloomy. I don't like it. soon it will be getting even colder. It's almost December...What?! Honestly that's crazy... Want to know something else crazy...Tomorrow will be 6 months since I said goodbye to my friends and the place I called home. wow. I can't really handle that right now. I just got my CT drivers license the other day...sometimes when I think about how far away I really am I just don't believe it.

It's almost Thanksgiving. Since my parents moved away 2 years ago Thanksgiving has always been a hard holiday. Only because that was our biggest family holiday. I just have memories of waking up early to make the stuffing with my mom and my sister. I remember waiting at the window for all of our aunts and uncles to show up. I remember my mom getting annoyed at my aunt for always being in her way while she was preparing the meal. I remember and miss my grandmas gross jello salad thing. We would all eat it even though no body really truly enjoyed it. :) Since my parents left I have spent Thanksgiving with my best friends and their families.  It's crazy that this time last year and actually today is a year...We (so many people) assembled for a pot luck Thanksgiving dinner at the broken piano house. It was so much fun. There was so much joy....That was also the day I moved in with Courtney. What a life changing experience that was. The best roommate situation since I moved out of my parents house....

But I am here in Hartford for a reason! People are always welcome to take a trip to the East Coast and come see me! I would really enjoy that.

I want to know how I can be praying for all of you who read this.

Always remember that God is good. If I had a theme phrase this year it would be that.

1 comment:

  1. NEW POST! :P (i like this one a lot though! i miss you julie)

    ReplyDelete